Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mummy Cupcakes


When my son came home from Cub Scouts last week, he told me I had to make cupcakes for his troop party.  They had to be chocolate and they had to be scary. I had some ideas, but didn't really start to think about it until the weekend.  Unfortunately, the cold that I was fighting earlier in the week had turned into full blown bronchitis by the time the weekend came.  I even had to call in to work.  So, by the time I needed to make the cupcakes, I wanted something simple to make.  Mummy Cupcakes were perfect!

I've seen them all over Pinterest and they looked pretty easy to make.  Plus, I had some Candy Eyeballs that I had bought earlier in the year when I hosted a Hotel Transylvania party.

Here's what you need:
  • Cupcakes (I used the trusted recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa container)
  • White Frosting (I used a Classic Buttercream recipe I found online)
  • Wilton Candy Eyeballs
  • Basketweave tip (Wilton #47)

I put the frosting in a disposable piping bag and used the Wilton #47 basketweave tip.


First, I piped a little bit of icing on the cupcakes to affix the eyes.


Then, I started piping criss-crossing lines of icing on the cupcake to make the mummy wrappings.


Here's the finished cupcakes!


Happy Halloween!

1 comment: